Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier Review
In today's life, we people have been facing the problem of pollution a lot. Our environment has been affected by pollution to the extent that, now it has started affecting our life and health as well. Many people suffer from many airborne diseases that are the result of pollution. Anthrax, Influenza, Measles, Smallpox, and Tuberculosis are some of the examples of airborne diseases. It is not only outside the world which has been affected by pollution but also our internal environment at home as well. We breathe almost the same air at our home which we breathe outside.
It is not possible for an individual to clean the outside environment's air. But, cleaning the air of the intimate atmosphere at home has been possible due to air purifiers. There are many air purifiers available in the market which are best to keep the inside air of your home clean and fresh. Here, in this article, I would tell you about one of the air purifiers which has many exciting features and is best for residential purpose. I will also try to provide as many details as possible so that you can decide whether you should buy Winix 5300-2 air purifier or not. And believe me, you would make up your mind to buy this one.
Winix 5300-2 is an air cleaner which is an evolutionary version of previous 5300 model. This air cleaner is designed to capture dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), mold spores and household odors from the home environment. This product is ideal for medium to large living spaces like kitchens, bedrooms, and halls. This unit has WINIX Plasma Wave technology and HEPA filter that help in to reduce the level of pollution by 99.97%.
Along with that this air cleaner has many attractive features like VOC smart sensor, light sensor, air quality visual indicator and Energy star certified. AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) has accredited Winix 5300-2 with a rating of 360 sq. Ft. This air cleaner is very light in weight and does not take much space. You can place it between other electronic products such as TVs and radios, put this unit indoors away from direct sunlight.
This unit has 3 stage air purification which purifies the air inside your home at three levels, hence make the inside environment fresh and refreshing. Its odor reducing carbon filter eliminates all kinds of odors from your home so that you don't find inside environment unpleasant.
Features and functionality of Winix 5300-2
This air cleaner comes with many exciting and interesting features that make it different from any other air cleaners available in the market. Some of the features of Winix 5300-2 are as follows:
• 4 Fan Speeds: This air cleaner has four fan speeds- low, medium, high and turbo. Low and medium speeds are meant for silent cleaning, and high and turbo are for maximum airflow and cleaning. If you are inside your home, you can turn the speed of the fan on low or medium mode, as this would not cause any noise and would clean the internal environment of your home. In case you are going outside of your home, you can turn the fan on high or turbo mode. This would clean the environment of your home thoroughly.
• Smart Sensor and Auto Mode: This feature of Winix 5300-2 is designed for your comfort and convenience. Its smart sensor monitors the air quality of your home. There is a LED indicator which displays the air quality on a scale of good to poor. Blue, Amber, and Red are the LED lights that show the level of air quality. Whenever there is a change in air quality the unit would automatically adjust the fan speed to optimally clean internal environment of your home.
• Sleep Mode: This is one of the amazing features of this unit; it senses the amount of light in the room and adjusts the fan speed, dims the indicator light to provide a noiseless cleaning. With this feature, you can have the benefits of this product at night also.
• Filter Replacement Indicator: When there is a need to replace the HEPA filter, this indicator will illuminate. This feature is designed so that you can yourself replace the filter and can have the benefits of uninterrupted air cleaning. After replacing the filter, use the needle to press the RESET button.
• Plasma Wave: It is a modern day technology which works at a molecular level to eliminate odors, chemical vapors, allergens and indoor pollutants from your home. This technology is safe to use as it does not emit harmful ozone or any by-products.
• HEPA Filter: This air cleaner comes with HEPA filter which filters the air. The HEPA filter is densely matted fibers that trap dust and dirt particles to clean the air. This filter traps dust particles which are very small in sizes.
• Odor Absorbing Carbon Filter: This is a densely matted carbon filter which helps in eliminating all kinds of odors. This feature is beneficial to make the internal environment of your home clean, fresh and odorless. This filter is specially designed to absorb the very irritating odors.
Specifications of Winix 5300-2
All the specifications related to Winix 5300-2 air cleaner, including technical specifications, are as follows:
• Model Number: Model number of this air cleaner is 5300-2. You can also search by Winix 5300-2.
• Voltage: Power voltage required to run this air cleaner is AC 120 V/60Hz. If you have power supply more or less than this, use stabilizer.
• Manufacturer: This air purifier is manufactured by Winix which has been making home appliances for the last 40 years. They also manufactured the previous version of this air purifier, 5300, which had gained popularity in the market and was a big hit.
• Power Rate: Winix 5300-2 is of 70W. Which means it does not consume much power, and it is cost-effective.
• Area Served: This unit serves the room area of a 360ft square. It can purify the air of the room (from small to large).
• Product Dimensions: Dimensions of this product are 14.9 by 7.8 by 23.6 inches. It is a very compact sized air cleaner which can be fit in any small space.
• Weight: The weight of Winix 5300-2 is 17.5 lbs or 7.9 Kg.
It is essential that you read all the instructions and safety cautions before operating this unit.
• Before running the unit, check whether the filters are inserted or not.
• Don't touch the interior of the unit with a wet hand.
• Don't place a heavy object on the device and don't use it as a step stool.
• Unplug the machine, if it is not in use for a long time.
• Don't bend, pull, twist, bundle or place a heavy object on the power cord.
• Don't use the detergent powder to clean the exterior or interior of the unit.
• Don't block the outlet or inlet vents.
• Turn off the unit while using smoke-generating insecticides.
• Don't use this product in the bathroom or extremely humid conditions.
Cleaning and Maintenance
To clean and maintain this air purifier, it is essential to know about how to clean the filters and unit. Some of the points regarding cleaning and maintenance are mentioned below
• Filter Care: To wash the screen, use a vacuum cleaner or soft brush. In case the filter is excessively soiled, use the room temperature water to rinse it. Don't use any soap or detergent to clean the filter as it may damage the screen. After rinsing, allow the filter to dry at least for 24 hours or more.
• Washing Care: To clean the exterior of this air cleaner, use the soft damp cloth with room temperature water. After cleaning with a wet cloth, use the dry cloth to wipe down the exterior surface. To maintain the shininess of the outer surface, repeat this process at least once in a month.
To clean the interior of this unit, first, open the front panel and then clean it with a vacuum cleaner. Don't use a wet cloth or any detergent to clean it. For better performance, repeat this process in every 1-2 months.
These are some of the tips to clean and maintain this air cleaner. For more information on cleaning and maintenance, read the user manual or visit www.winixamerica.com. If you still have any doubt contact the customer care service.
Warranty and services
Winix 5300-2 comes with one year of manufacturing warranty. All manufacturing related issues would be covered in this warranty period. Remember, this warranty is valid only in the USA and Canada. Apart from that, if the unit failure is a result of negligence or misuse by the consumer the warranty would be void. The guarantee would be provided on presenting a warranty card. And please keep the warranty card in a safe place as it would not be reissued. This warranty does not cover the ACT of God such as earthquake, tsunami, and other natural disasters. For more information regarding warranty and services contact customer care services or visit www.winixamerica.com.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why would not Sleep mode turn off?
Shut off unit, unplug the unit, after a few minutes plug back in and power on, after initial startup goes right into sleep mode and let run for five minutes, now put the unit into auto mode, the unit should stay in auto until you want to change the speed.
What filter does this use? Please provide the model number.
It comes with three carbon filters with purchase of air filter, and the HEPA filter is #115115. You don't need to replace the HEPA filter, but once in a year.
Will it work in Singapore? 220/240vac & 50hz cycle. How is the filter lifespans?
You will need a stabilizer if you want to use this product in Singapore. The filter will last longer if you are regularly clean as instructed. Great purchase.
Can I place this unit directly against a wall or will it block airflow?
The manual gave directions to keep the unit away from direct sunlight and electronic equipment but nothing about being against the wall. The air flows out from the top and would not appear blocked by a wall.
If my filters do not get very dirty, is my air already clean or does the purifier not work very well?
There are three filters, one for large dust particles, one for odors and one for fine particles. If the large particle filter is clean, it means you do not have many large particles.
How do I keep it running while I sleep? It shuts itself off at night. I want it to stay on.
Just press the fan speed button to set the speed to what you want, and leave it there. If you put it on "auto," it'll always turn down at night. It never shuts off, it only turns the LED lights off and puts the fan in ultra-low speed.
For being healthy we not only need to eat and drink healthy but we also need to breathe healthily. And this product is designed to clean the air so that you can breathe healthily. This air cleaner not only cleans the environment from dust but also eliminates all kinds of odors that irritate you. Apart from that it also has many features that are designed for your comfort and convenience. Here, in this article, I tried to cover as many points as possible about Winix 5300-2 air purifier. But, if you still have any doubt regarding anything, please visit www.winixamerica.com. Or call customer care they will assist you better. All the information provided here are true and best of my knowledge, and I recommend you to buy Winix 5300-2 air purifier.