RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier Review
Air purifiers have become an essential component in our day to day lives. Due to the constant rise in air pollution, it has become a necessity for people living in the cities. But, when it comes to choosing an air purifier, it is probably the most challenging task, you will have to do. Selecting an air purifier requires a lot of knowledge about the components, filtration process, and a lot more other things. But, don't worry because we are here to solve your problems. We will be reviewing some of the best air purifiers available in the market in different price range so that you can choose the best one for yourself. Today, we will be looking at RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air
Purifier. The device
RabbitAir MinusA2 comes with a handful of great features that quickly makes it one of the best air purifiers in the market currently. The company has done a lot of work using different technologies to provide the best filtration process to the users. It is a big jump from the company's old model that is RabbitAir BioGS 2.0. We were excited to review this product because of its specifications and the reviews that we have read from the customers. We got the product and didn't waste any time in checking all the features and how well it performs under severe conditions. It is a high-range purifier, so it tends to come with features that are better than the ordinary purifiers. Some of the best things about the purifier are that it is hushed and cleans the air from room upto 300 square feet. We know you are excited to learn more about the product, so let us jump to the complete review and look at the pros and cons of the purifier.
Product Overview: RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier - Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-700A, White, Pet Allergy)
Product Dimensions: 24 x 22.8 x 9.8 inches
Item model number: SPA-700A
Item Weight: 23.9 pounds
The product arrives in a beautiful blue-colored box with brand labeling, that is clear and precise. We were excited to open the box and look at the components inside. The package was shipped to perfection without any wear and tear on the outside. Some of the information about the product is mentioned on the cover.
After opening the box, we looked at the components inside. The purifier comes with a MinusA2 Air Purifier, remote control, filter case, user's manual, pre-filter, medium filter, BioGS HEPA filter, customized filter, activated carbon filter, and wall mount kit. The filters are separate so that a user can adjust it according to his/her needs. The wall mount kit is essential if you want to keep it at a single place. Otherwise, you can also keep it directly on a flat surface like a table. We chose not to mount the filter on the wall because we checked it at many different places.
Design: RabbitAir MinusA2 comes in three different variants - SPA-700A, SPA-780A, and SPA-780N. We are currently talking about the smallest one, and that is SPA-700A. When you look at the design, it doesn't feel like a standard RabbitAir purifier. The product is square and is made up of metal. The build quality is strong. We get a LED panel at the center, which shows that the air purifier is on or off. It has a side panel with all the function buttons. The air intake of the machine is from the front panel, and it inhales the polluted air and maximizes the power of the fan. The air outlet can be found at the top of the purifier.
The company has also used artist series, from Claude Monet, Van Gogh to Hello Kitty Special Edition to make the purifier look alive as a showcase inside the home or office. It is easily one of the slimmest air purifiers in the world with only 7 inches in depth. Though, the overall machine is a lot broader with 19 inches in height and 21.4 inches in width. The overall design of the purifier is elegant and adds beauty to the decor. It is even portable as it weighs at around 23.9 pounds.
Now, let us discuss the essential aspect of the purifier, and that's its filters. The company has provided a total of six filters to the users so that the air they breath is clean and healthy.
- Pre-Filter: It is a washable and permanent filter that comes with RabbitAir MinusA2. The polluted air passes through the pre-filter, and it traps and reduces the dust particles and allergens.
- Medium Filter: This is the second filter that traps and reduces the particles that were able to pass through the pre-filter. It can capture particles that are larger than 1 micron in size.
- BioGS Hepa Filter: Now, this is the filter where all the main tasks start. It is a True HEPA filter that traps allergen and particles that are 0.3 microns in size with 99.97% efficiency. It can trap virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungi particles as the filter advance the process, the optimal filter efficiency, and its life increases.
- Customized Air Filter: This is something that you don't find in ordinary air purifiers. It lets you customize the filters for different purposes like germ defense, pet allergy, odor remover, or toxin absorber.
- Charcoal-based Activated Carbon Filter: This is made up of high-grade granular activated carbon, which means it is effective than the typical filters available in the market. It has a thin layer of activated carbon and can quickly eliminate odors, smokes, and chemical vapors.
- Negative Ion Generator: This is something that helps in creating an ionic field which allows the purifier in generating additional air for purification.
Customized Filter (Detailed explanation): As we said earlier, that the machine comes with a customized filter that a user can adjust according to his/her needs. You can manage it for four different types of filters, including Germ Defence, Pet Allergy, Toxin Absorber, and Odor Remover.
Germ Defence Filter: It helps the machine to effectively trap airborne bacteria, mold spores, and any other harmful particles that carry viruses.
Pet Allergy Filter: It helps the machine to reduce and trap pet dander and pet allergens.
Toxin Absorber Filter: It helps in trapping and reducing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and harmful chemicals.
Odor Remover Filter: As the name suggests, it reduces and traps odors from pets, cigarettes, cooking, and mildew.
Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter: Another thing that needs a detailed explanation is the Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter. We know that regular HEPA filters are good for trapping allergens and contaminants, but in the process, it can cause damage to the durability of the purifier. However, the advanced HEPA filter in this machine makes it durable, and it reduces the buildup of allergens as well as bacterias on the filter. It can trap allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency. The prolong optimal filter efficiency is also offered with the help of it.
Another great thing about the purifier is that it is Energy Star verified, which means it consumes a lot less energy than the models that come in a similar range. Though, when you take out the average consumption, it will be a little bit higher than other models. Even the California Air Research Board has certified the filter, which means there is no emission of toxic gas from the purifier. Though, it is not verified by AHAM.
Room Coverage: Now, one of the most important things to remember while purchasing an air purifier is room coverage. You must also be aware of ACH (air changes per hour) and CADR (cleaning air delivery rate). The SPA-700A can cover upto 700 square feet. When it comes to ACH, the air purifier maintains it at 2X for residential use and 4X for allergic purpose. In simple terms, 4X ACH can clean the room four times faster in an hour.
The CADR of MinusA2 is 200 Dust/193 Smoke/208 Pollen (CFM). The CADR tells you how well the purifier can clean the air inside a particular sized room.
Sound: Now, the biggest thing that annoys most of the air purifier owners is the sound of the machine. Well, it is understandable because it is nothing but a fan of filters. But, in the case of MinusA2, that's not the case. The company has used Brushless Direct Current Motor technology to avoid the overheating that in turn, results in low sound. It performs no sounds when used at the lowest settings, and we were impressed with this feature. It is something that is not usually found in air purifiers.
Pros of RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier:
- The machine is quite adaptable and can adjust according to the environment you keep it in.
- It comes with six different filters to provide the best quality air for breathing. It has different settings for using at residence as well as office.
- It comes with a light sensor that adjusts accordingly. When the room is dim, it goes into sleep mode, whereas when the lights are on, it becomes active.
- The MinusA2 700A air purifier can filter the air in a 700 sq. Ft. room twice in an hour on the highest setting.
- It comes with BLDC Motor that operates at five speeds and provides the lowest sound while the machine is running.
- The filters can last up to two years or more without degrading till the last day of operation. This is true for using the machine for 12 hours daily.
- It comes with Energy Star rated motor that consumes low power even while operating at the highest setting.
- The True BioGS HEPA filter doesn't degrade as used because of the different technologies used.
- It is an affordable machine if you look at all the features.
Cons of RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier:
- The filter replacement cost is high.
Final thoughts on RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier:
RabbitAir has done an excellent job in creating one of the best air purifiers in the market. It is smart and comes with many different features. It is suitable for someone willing to invest some extra bucks in enjoying fresh air without harming their health. MinusA2 is ultra quiet even when operated at the highest setting. We tested all the features and used them in different environments, and the results were quite surprising. We would recommend you to purchase the machine if it satisfies all your needs. The filter replacement cost is high, and they will operate upto two years without any problems. The purifier six-stage air filtration process is not found in the purifiers in the market. We were able to test in a smoky as well as the dusty atmosphere and got some fantastic results. Another great thing about it is that it comes with Energy Rating that makes the machine consume less power even when operated at the highest setting. We have seen a lot of purifiers that breakdown and overheat when used for longer durations, but it is not the case with RabbitAir MinusA2. We are delighted with the overall functioning of the machine. With so many options and settings, it is indeed the best air purifier that you consider purchasing. Yes, the price is not low, so that you can opt for different models, but if you need perfection, then you won't find anyone better than this one. We are happy to clear all the things in the review, and we hope that you got all the answers related to it. We will be coming back with some more air purifier reviews so that you choose the best one for yourself.