Aquasana Countertop Drinking Water Filter System Review
In today's world, almost everything is contaminated, from our air to water. So, we need to be extra careful to keep our loved ones safe and try to avoid any avoidable disease. So, to get healthy, crisp and clean water for your family, you should get yourself an excellent and affordable water filter, that is Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter. Aquasana's unique water filtration technology in an accessible and comfortable has been one of the most demanded countertops water filter. In 2011, it got its name among the Health Magazine's healthiest gadgets. This filter is effortless to handle. There is no need to drill an additional hole into your sink if you want to enjoy filtered, healthy water. You need to attach the diverter to the tap you use, and this filter will take up a very little space on top of your counter. The more pressure your tap water is under, the better will be the filtration. Keeping your safety in mind, Aquasana uses the latest technologies available like ion exchange, sub-Micron filtration, and carbon filtration in our unique twin cartridge system. The filtration material that we provide covers 2 million square feet of surface area. And so when the tap water undergoes through pressure into our filtration system, it removes three times more contaminants the leading pitcher filters can.
There are specific water filter systems that remove that the Total Dissolved Solids(TDS) that leaves your water with zero potassium, calcium and magnesium. The Aquasana water filtration system has been uniquely designed so that it removes only the pollutants and the odor. It improves the taste and preserves the healthy minerals for optimum hydration. There is a diverter given with your Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter, that fixes itself to your faucet. And also contains adapters for 13 by 16 inches, and 15 by 16 inches faucets as they are the most commonly used kitchen faucets. There may be a requirement for additional adapters for specially made valves. You should go for an under-counter water filter if your faucet is an all-in-one pull out sprayer. 866-662-6885 is the number where you will be able to get Aquasana Customer service.
With the help of Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter, you will be able to change your ordinary tap water into an excellent tasting healthy water. Now you will get ready-made healthy water directly from your tap. Drip pitchers do not need to get refilled anymore. This water filtration system selectively removes contaminants like cysts, chlorine, and lead. It also preserves essential minerals like magnesium and calcium, and by doing this, it provides the best tasting healthy water. If you replace the filters in the system every six months, you will find out that Aquasana has been giving you excellent value for your money. As it costs you only 10 cents per gallon for clear and healthy water. And not only that, you are doing a massive benefit by using this filter. As for every time you have to replace the filters, you can calculate that you just abstained from using 4000 16-ounce bottles of plastic.
Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter has a Claryum three-stage filter which is NSF-certified to provide the ultimate convenience. Sixty contaminants are filtered out by the unique Claryum filtration technology that is present in the Aquasana filter. The details provided below:
- 99.0% of Asbestos
- 99.0% of Turbidity
- 99.3% of lead
- 99.9% of Cyst Live Cryptosporidiumand Giardia
- 97.4% of Chlorine, Free Available
- 99.4% of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- 81.8% of The Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE)
- 96.6% of Mercury
- 99.9% of Particulate
You can check the Aquasana AQ-4000W Performance Data Sheet for a detailed list of contaminants that get removed. The Performance Data Sheet also contains the certification given by NSF International based on NSF/ANSI Standards.
- A blend of sub-micron filtration, ion exchange, and carbon filtration gets used in the unique twin cartridge that makes up the three-stage filtration system.
- Tap water gets poured over the filtration material under pressure. The filtration material covers more than two million square feet of surface area.
- The Selective Claryum filtration technology eradicates all the harmful contaminants and preserves the essential minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium for best hydration.
- The best things about the Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter:
- It removes around 97% of chlorine and diminishes 76 other contaminants removes pharmaceuticals, leads, and others according to the NSF certification
- During the filtration system, no harmful pollutants or wastewater is added to the drinking water the process of filtration
- Healthy minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium are retained in the water to keep it healthy
- Cost per gallon is only 11 cents, 11 times the water capacity as provided by the most demanded filter pitcher which depends on gravity
- Can be attached with ease. No permanent installation or fixtures are required
- No need for professional help; replacements can be done with a simple twist.
Some features of Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter as provided by the manufacturer
Countertop Water Filtration
Without the need for any permanent fixtures or installation, transform your ordinary tap water into great-tasting, healthy water instantly.
How does it Work
- Activated Carbon: It lowers the number of pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides, MTBE, and VOCs vastly.
- Catalytic Carbon: It targets chloramine and chorine.
- Ion- Exchange: It filters out heavy metals like Mercury and lead.
- Absolute Sub-Micron Mechanical Filtration: It blocks the pollutants like asbestos and cysts that are resistant from chlorine-like giardia and cryptosporidium.
Neither there is a need for any permanent fixtures, nor any installation is required. Just screw on the faucet attachment to get filtered water directly from your tap. The time of the large and significant filters blocking up the entire of your sink space has now gone for good.
Full System NSF Certified
Complete system certified by obeying the guidelines as provided by the NSF/ANSI Standards 42,53, 401 + P473. To eradicate about 77 different contaminants that include Mercury, lead, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides, and many more. Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter will not leak the pollutants back into the water.
Steps for Troubleshooting:
Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter system is leaking in-between the Diverter Assembly and the Chrome Swivel Collar:
- Remove the Chrome Swivel Collar from the tip of the sink.
- Check if the O-ring/Rubber Washer is still intact and has not suffered any damage. If the O-ring/Rubber Washer has sustained losses, it needs to be replaced immediately. If the O-ring/Rubber Washer has not got damaged, proceed with the next step.
- Again, fix the Chrome Swivel Collar to the tip of the Faucet Threads and firmly fix the Collar's hand.
- Once you have tightly set the Chrome Swivel Collar with your hand, use pliers for to properly fix the Collar until it fills comfy against the tip of the sink.
- Then start the cold-water flow, start the filter, and see if there is any leaking.
- If there is an available Adapter, and the sink is still leaking in between the Diverter Assembly and the Chrome Swivel Collar. Even after you have followed the steps 1-5, then a thicker O-ring/Rubber Washer is required.
- And if an adapter gets used in the installation process, and there is still water leaking in between the Diverter Assembly and the Chrome Swivel Collar. Even after you have followed the steps 1-5, then you need to get a more extended adapter.
Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter system is leaking around the Circular Threaded Caps/Knobs:
- O-ring is an item that makes a seal between the Filter Housing and the Circular Threaded Caps/ Knobs.
- Remove the Knob/ Circular Threaded Cap that is leaking water by turning it in the direction as shown that is, the arrow that loosens it.
- Once the Knob/ Circular Threaded Cap is removed, check out the Round Rubber O-ring fixed in the groove which is situated at the bottom of the threads in the Filter Housing.
- If you find the O-ring to be missing, you will need to install one to create a seal.If the O-ring is present, then proceed with the 5th step.
- Check if there is any damage in the O-ring.
- You will need to replace the O-ring if it is found to be damaged. Continue with the 7th step, if the O-ring is a proper condition.
- With the O-ring in its desired place, re-assemble the Knob/ Circular Threaded Cap onto the Filter Housing by turning the Knob/ Cap in the direction opposite to the arrow that shows to loosen it.
- Replace the O-ring if the caps are still found to be leaking after you have followed the steps 5-7.
- If you find that the water is still leaking from the caps after you have followed the steps 5-8, then you will need to fix new Knobs/Caps and/or Filter Housing is required.
Precautions: Aquasana is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage due to bad installation.
- Only cold water should be used with the filter.
- Never use this filtration system in constant pressure applications, such as ice machines or drinking water sources.
- If you find the faucet divider valve to be unsuitable, you must install one of the brass adapters before making the connection. Brass valve adapters can be tightened using the installation tool. (If the supplied brass faucet adapters are not suitable, you can get the proper size in any hardware store near you, be sure to bring your diverter valve and the aerator to find the perfect match).
- Be 100 % sure that the chrome swivel collar of the diverter valve has the rubber washer placed inside it.
- If you notice a leak in the hose connection, unplug and replace the hose.
- The installation procedure must be following national and local laws.
The supplied brass fittings and adapters are not covered or included in the system certification. Your filter will come already fixed with cartridges that you will not need to change before six months or 450 gallons of water.
Pure satisfaction All Aquasana products offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for 90 days. (One-year warranty is included, covering defects in materials and quality). If you are not satisfied with the product, call us or contact the distributor you purchased it from for a Return Authorization Code. A full refund will be made upon your return. Thank you for choosing Aquasana!
Do not void your warranty: this filter system has been made and tested to be used only with genuine Aquasana parts, including replacement filters and all equipment (bypass valve). Use of third-party components may result in loss of performance in pollutant reduction, system damage, or even, failure. The use of third-party parts will also void your warranty. Visit aquasana.com to see all the spare parts.
So, what are you still waiting for? Go to the nearest store or visit our online site www.aquasana.com to give your family the gift of clean water as there is no more excellent gift in the world than the gift of life and as we all know, water is the other name of survival. The amount of news we receive about the harmful effects of drinking or using contaminated water is endless. So, why to risk the health of your loved ones when you can take responsibility and at least protect your family. By installing Aquasana AQ-4000 Countertop Water Filter in your home, you are not only saving your family but also showing the way on how to be your savior. With this product, you will get fantastic customer service. This product is straightforward to install, so you will not need to spend money on a plumber. And if you do face any problem, our help is just a call away.